Thursday, August 19, 2010

tick tock the clock is getting louder

Went to my first Yankees game since elementary and let me just say, everything about it was love. The stadium is a beaut, not to mention that the structure is built perfectly for those who can't afford elite seats. The end result of 6-2 Yanks says it all, the game was slow and got really tiring towards the middle stretch. For that reason, I am levelheaded with those that drink at the game, to an extent of course.

(Australian libraries are aare a lot nicer from what I remember)
I'm reading Blink right now and everything about it is intriguing. The way your mind works when you meet someone for the first time, the two second analysis of that person, your gut feeling of whether or not you know you could be close to them....continued. It advocates the concept of judging a book by its cover, but in a philosophical and logical way. It's not irrational and it's a whole new perspective, I dig. I'm sure some parts of the book will drag on but hey, it's a keeper. 

I really want to go to the Bodies Exhibit, don't know why I gave up my chance last semester when Ernie Davis was hosting a one day NYC trip...boo. Not to mention, Ernie Davis has spoiled me with its luxuries now that I'm stripped of prime location and large rooms. 

My friend Paul said that I was really "dead" today when I had lunch with him but in truth I think I'm just lax on a whole new level because work ended on Friday. For my last two weeks I promised myself that I wouldn't stay at home for a full day and so far, it's been a little too successful. My schedule became so hectic that I...am using a planner. True miracle in all seriousness. 

two weeks that'll drain, sustain, chain, and remain 
two weeks in the fast lane
and soon after, a good book to slow down in my brewster domain 

No comments:

Post a Comment