I'm enjoying every single moment of Winter break. Everyone keeps saying how boring home is, but I can't fully grasp that anymore because well, I'm a nomad. Two things that stood out for me during break:
1. How grateful I am for having friends that welcome me into their homes with overflowing warmth.
2. The internet fills our heads with a lot of unneeded junk and should be avoided from time to time.
It's so eye opening because some of the people I would least expect come at me with open arms, and it shows me the raw definition of friendship. They care...and that's all there is to it. God loves me.
It's snowing again...which means that I'm really happy because it calls for great shredding conditions. Today is a down day so I'm planning to get some reading done along with other to-do things for the day. I'm going snowboarding again tmrw, I'm going to try to get more rails and jumps down before I go back to school...in a week. I'm genuinely sad that winter break is coming to an end so soon...but everything good does or eventually will come to an end.
Everyone needs a break. Working year round is rewarding but incredibly draining. I really needed to rest and catch my breath...which I suppose would explain why I've been in such a feel good mood this whole break. My nephew covered me in his spit today, I can't help but laugh because he's so freaking cute. We often overlook the little things so I'm trying to appreciate them more on a daily basis.
No comments:
Post a Comment